Wednesday 1 December 2010

On the First Day of Christmas...

Happy First Day of Advent readers!

As an early gift to you I pass on a recommendation for a great website to add to your must-hit shopping saites. It's call Escentual and they offer an impressive range of  beauty products- fragrance, skincare, haircare, make-up, bath and shower etc, with the majority of the top brands, at very reasonable prices.

Now that's not such a big deal in itself, but here was what really clinched it for me- the little extras that really made my shopping experience feel special, and made me feel like a valued customer on only my first purchase.


The free delivery for purchases over £40 was a good start (easily spent on a beauty website!) but things got serious when they offered complimentary gift-wrapping with a personal message on the gift-tag. And then when I received my package this evening my joy was complete. A complementary yet very good quality nail file and sampler of a yummy new fragrance.

Little things yes- but compared to the impersonal and dismissive shopping experience the majority of e-commerce sites provide (why ARE they still charging for delivery when it is clearly a dis-incentive for shopping online?!) these all stacked up to result in one very happy shopper- and a willing advocate- the holy grail of retail.....

No comments:

Post a Comment